The more time players spend with the ball, the better!
The New Scotland Soccer Club is excited to offer free, fast-paced, challenging technical sessions that are dedicated to having players of all abilities improve, understand, and enjoy soccer. Licensed, experienced club coaches will teach fundamental ball skills and basic tactics using drills, exercises and small-sided games in order to give players maximum touches on the ball. Topics that will be covered include:
· Mastering dribbling and passing with both feet, using all parts of the foot
· Clean, quick trapping with different parts of the body -- improving first touch.
· The basics of attacking and defending, using time and space, touch and pace.
· How to better communicate on the field.
Who Can Participate
Two different sessions will be offered for different coed age groups for players registered for the Spring 2017 season with NSSC:
· Grades 1-3
· Grades 4-6
When & Where Sessions Will Be
All sessions will be at the Peter Young Center in Altamont on Saturday mornings. The program will run from December 31, 2016 until February 11, 2017.
· 9:00-10:30am | Grades 1-3
· 10:30am-12:00pm | Grades 4-6
How to Register
These sessions are free for Spring 2017 season players, but you still need to register now at newscotlandsc.siplay.com to participate. Registration closes December 28, 2016.